Summer in WABack to blog
In the city or country, our Aussie Summer is a time to wind down a little, enjoy the great outdoors and catch up with friends
You may be happiest at the beach, on the river or chilling with a picnic or BBQ. Where-ever you are in this great state of ours the amazing lifestyle is waiting. Let’s step into the new year by sharing time with family and friends while enjoying all that is good in our part of the world.
Play for Free in WA
Whether you are in the bush or seaside, taking time to enjoy the great outdoors is part of our Aussie DNA.
We are surrounded by places where we can get out and about for little to no expense or we can spend a small fortune. For easy and free …..
- Park it. Check out King’s Park or the numerous playgrounds, gardens and natural attractions that abound in WA. Breathe deep, appreciate the natural beauty and fresh air.
- Get cultural. Art, sculpture, libraries, architecture, music, the Fringe Festival. Whatever your fancy it’s out there and often free. Look to local council websites, community centres and tourist information centres for up to date advice on what’s on. Immerse yourself and you’ll never be on the fringe.
- Take a walk. Along the river, coast or in a national park. For the really energetic, complete a section of the Bibbulumum Track extending from Kalamunda down to Albany, some 1000km. Or just stroll along somewhere quiet and appreciate the moment.
- Explore the Capital. There’s lots of hidden gems in the City. Get the tribe together and seek out the lanes and alleys you’ve not been down before. You might be surprised at what’s around the corner.
- Swim about. Choose from the many beaches, rivers or lagoons around WA. Get down to your favourite or visit one you haven’t been to before. Dig a hole, make a castle, reawaken your inner child.
- Camp out. You don’t need too much gear for a one-nighter. Many national parks offer free camping grounds and are located an easy drive from major towns and the CBD. Go play in nature.
Eat, Drink & Enjoy
Summer fun isn’t complete without enjoying the amazing food available to in WA. Fresh, clean and with far more variety than ever. We can now proudly stand and compete with Melbourne and Sydney in quality and variety.
From high-end restaurants to local weekend or night markets and suburban cafes, we’re rarely far from a good coffee, any number of world cuisines plus organic, vegan or slow food and drink options. Outings can be enjoyed with any number of readily available selection to suit all.
Beverages have kept up to complement changing food appetites. Old favourites are still with us, often enjoyed in new and interesting combinations, infused with botanicals and mixed with softies to lighten the load. These now line up along-side new or remixed favourites to produce organic, vegan, low sugar, non-alcoholic and fermented styles. The growth of alternative beverages will continue, with greater variety and increased availability; making it even easier to find that special drink to suit all our lifestle choices.
It’s a good time to try something different; spice up your life with new experiences, destinations and flavours. With Australia Day just around the corner why not get the gang together and enjoy our great state.
Where do You go to Play?
Food and drinks organised, tribe gathered, head off to celebrate Summer. What’s your favourite WA destination for fun, relaxing or simply spending time with loved ones out-of-doors?