We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information by compliance with the Australian Privacy Principles (APP) set out in the Privacy Act 1988 and Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Bill 2012. This document sets out our policy for managing your personal information.
What is personal information?
Personal information is information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database) from which it is possible to determine your identity. Examples of personal information include your name, postal address, telephone number and email address.
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect personal information about you in a number of ways, including:
- Directly from you, for example, when you provide information to us by phone, email, on an order form or through our web site; and from third parties, such as from our members, agents or contractors.
- Our website uses “cookies”. (If you do not wish to receive cookies, you must use an internet browser which is not configured to accept cookies.)
How do we use your personal information?
- verify your identity;
- market products, services and special offers made available by us;
- administer and manage our web site and provide you with access to our web site;
- keep you informed of news and information;
- research and develop new competitions, programs, activities and other events; and
- improve our relationship with our customers.
If you do not wish to receive our emails, newsletters, publications and other communications, please use the Unsubscribe function on the Thirsty Camel website www.thirstycamel.com.au or advise us in writing (contact details are set out below). We will require parties to whom we disclose your personal information to keep the information confidential and not to use the information other than the purpose for which it is disclosed to them.
How do we store and protect your personal information?
We store personal information in paper and/or in electronic form. The security of information is important to us and we will take reasonable steps to protect it from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Please notify us immediately if you become aware of any breach of security.
We employ security measures such as:
- confidentiality requirements of our employees and service providers;
- security measures for computer/data base system access; and
- security measures on our website www.thirstycamel.com.au.
- Personal information is destroyed when it is no longer useful or it is unreliable and cannot be corrected.
Accuracy of your personal information
We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, we rely on the accuracy of personal information as provided to us both directly and indirectly.
If you find that the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, please contact us immediately (our contact details are set out below) and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
When do we disclose your personal information?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our member organisations and their members, who are involved in liquor and related product retailing in your state or territory;
- contractors that we have engaged to carry out functions and activities on our behalf; and
- otherwise as required or authorised by law.
How can you access the personal information we hold about you?
Subject to some exceptions provided by law, you have the right to access your personal information. For security purposes, if you would like to access personal information that we hold about you, we require you to put your request in writing. If we do not allow you access to any part of the personal information we hold about you, we will tell you why. We will not charge you for lodging a request to access your personal information, but we may charge you for our reasonable costs in supplying you with access to this information.
How to contact us
Liquor Alliance Pty Ltd
The Privacy Officer