Be my ValentineBack to blog
Are you celebrating with your special ‘other’ this Valentine’s Day?
In this fast paced world we sometimes don’t take the time to make that extra effort. It’s hard when we’re tired, stressed and having a bad patch. But truth be told we shouldn’t need an excuse to show those we care about how special they are.
Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved!Leo Tolstoy
That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly.
Let’s ensure those we love know how much they mean to us by spending time together this February 14th. Let them know they are your special Valentine.
I always think Valentine’s Day is extra special in a nice location, loved one/s in tow plus good food, make it truely memorable. Whatever you do, enjoy time together, try to forget the stresses of life for a little while and just be in the moment.
There are so many wonderful things we can do in WA that don’t cost an arm and a leg, or next weeks rent. Sometimes, just a change of routine or the knowledge that someone has made an effort, is enough to make a day special.
- Get down to your local beach or river with some fish & chips or a picnic. Enjoy the sunset, build sandcastles with the kids or have a romantic gourmet feast with your partner.
- Pop down to a local park and take a walk in nature for a therapeutic fix, breathe deep, enjoy a leisurely stroll in the fresh air, it’s not supposed to be exercise.
- Set sail, row, paddleboard or simply sit on a jetty and watch the world go by.
- Walk your furry friend down to the local cafe or park.
- Attend an outdoor cinema and soak up the excitement.
- Pick a flower and give it to a neighbour.
- Go to the Fringe and festival like it’s 2020.
- Visit your local town centre or the city, buy a little something or have a meal and support a small business. You’ll both feel good.
Whatever you do, relax and remember why we are all working so hard at our jobs, school and life.
At the end of the day all that matters is Love & Memories … make sure you give it and make sure you make themTrent Shelton
If you’re still stuck for ideas for Valentine’s Day make it easy on yourself and check out the offers at your local Thirsty Camel. See The Berrigan’s Facebook for details of their special seafood platter for two, check out ‘What’s On’ at the Ocean View Tavern for sweet sounds with Jhoe Mura and at The Kingsway on Facebook they’re all loved up with a special dinner menu to enjoy.
What are your plans for Valentine’s Day? Spread the love and share your idea.